The travel powers are quite varied, with several flavors of flight, from the traditional Superman-style to a fiery aura. I got to play around with jet boots (yep, they're a separate power) that at starting strength slowly increase in speed as they progress through a boost phase that goes from "launch" to "afterburners" to "v-tec just kicked in, yo." They even have "tunneling" as a power. Yep, you dig a hole, dive underground, and zip around the landscape Bugs Bunny style. I want to try teleportation next, as I found my 'porter character in CoH, "Doctor VonPresto," a bit hard to navigate with (I fall. A lot).
I'm hopin' for some more information on the crafting and item aspects of the game, as I'm still a little confused about what to keep and what to sell, and if my crafting skills just stink or if my level 11 dude is supposed to make level 3 things. But whatever the case, it's looking very pretty, and I hope to have more to report on once the beta goes public next week.
Some other quick items:
- Lego people are getting very specialized. And the cows in the lower-right look like they're built to be ridden. Where's my Mongo Lego man to go with it?
- A deviant-artist named "Pixelcake" made these adorable Lego-mechs.
- Chessex is offering micro-metal dice now. Oh, I know, you thought they were offering giant pennies, but instead, we're one step closer to our individual cells being able to effectively play D&D.
- The Indiana School of Informatics had a booth with a lovely steampunky computer on display.
- The Doctor Who merch booth had a nice TARDIS replica adorning the floor. The side seen in this photograph is the "finished" side. My guide at the time noted the back which was open, and I commented that it only looks that way because we're inside of the vehicle. I was instructed to be ashamed of myself for being so geeky.
But speaking of geeky:
- i09.com has a large collection of sci-fi stickers for your laptop. I can't believe I hadn't thought of "I <3<3 the Doctor."
- DC Comics has lost a few more rights to Superman's early stories, thanks to a blog post.
- "Star Wars: The Crash of Red 3," now in an extended version.
- I thought I was pretty good at repurposing old items into artsy-stuff. I found someone who is much, much better.
- Before they bring out the remake, let's revisit (with a language warning) the Karate Kid (in 5 seconds).
- Paws is a well-animated action/adventure side-scroller with combat combos galore for those with swift fingers.
- And finally, Battlestar Galactica reboot is headed to theaters, with nothing to do with the recent TV series. Just to whoever is in charge: No flying motorcycles.